Monday, June 1, 2009

Windy Weekend

Managed to get out on the water at about 5 pm on Friday. Fished for about 4 hours. Managed to bring in 6 small pike, one baby walleye, and two over 17 inches but not big enough to keep. Water temp varied from about 55F when I first hit the water and slowly dropped to 49F by the time I packed it in.

The rest of the weekend was a write off due to the wind. Being at the east end of the lake can be a detriment when the wind gets going. Saturday the waves were close to four feet at their worst. Sunday was a little better but the wind was still howling making it unsafe for my little 12 foot aluminum. Then there was the rain, and the hail. All in all not a particularly nice or productive weekend.

Anyone out there have better luck than I did? How was it over at the west end? Don't be shy...

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

We had similar luck, however on Friday afternoon we did catch 5 jacks and 1 small walleye. They were all too small to keep, except for 1 jack. He was huge! I estimate he was about 85 cms. Check out the photo on this link:

http://www.anchorinnresort.ca/photos.html

We released him so he lived to swim another day.

That wind was incredible, perhaps next week will be better.

Tim said...

Nice one. Much nicer than anything I managed to hook. I know there are some very big fish in the lake. My biggest pike was 40 inches in legth with a girth of 16 inches caught last July. My largest walleye was just shy of eight pounds and measured 28.5 inches which I caught several years ago. The pike is back in the lake for my grandson to catch someday. Unfortunately, I was not so smart about the walleye. I had it mounted and it is hanging on the wall of the cabin.